وزارة التربية والتعليم العالي
وزارة التربية والتعليم العالي
Based on the study visit by two HEREs to King’s College London in January 2013, on HERE action plan which pledges to address the students issues in Lebanon and the increasing awareness of QA in which students services and learning environment are among its main standards, the National Tempus Office and HERE have organized a seminar on the Students Support Services in Higher Education in collaboration with Beirut Arab University. This was also supported by the technical assistance provided by UNICA. The target groups of this thematic seminar are Deans of Students Affairs and/or staff from offices dealing with students services.
The seminar was opened with 3 interventions by the NTO, the Ministry represented by Dr. Ahmad Jammal, the DG HE, and the hosting university represented by its president Dr. Amr Galal El Adawi.
Stephanie Griffiths presented the state of play of Students Services at KCL. Cases from Lebanon were also presented covering the experiences of Beirut Arab University, the American University of Beirut, the University of Balamand and the Arab Open University. HERE presented an analytical reading of the survey conducted prior to the seminar.
A Tempus project MEDAWEL (530414-2012-JO-JPGR) on ‘Integrating a Holistic Approach to Student Services for Increased Student Wellbeing ‘ was also presented by one of the Lebanese project’s partners.
The seminar was concluded by a training session in which attendants were divided into 4 groups each addressing one of 3 themes prepared for this practical. The groups’ recommendations were announced and will, like all other documents of the seminar, be posted on the website.
The number of participants was: around 73 at the opening of the seminar, 58 during the activities and 35 remained at the closing session.
The event started at 9:00 and concluded at 16:30.
The NTO announced the next seminar on HR management.
The seminar was closed by Dr. Jammal and Mrs. Stephanie Griffiths.
● Students’ Services at King’s College London, Stephanie Griffiths, Acting Head of Counselling, KCL
● The students’ services in BAU, Soubhi Abou Chahine, Dean of Students Affairs & Nadine Abla, Head of Student Activities, BAU
● Major findings from MEDAWEL Tempus project, Maha Baz, Students Services Office, MUBS
● Students’ services for better learning environment, Chafic Mokbel, Pierre Gedeon, Mazen El-Khatib, Tempus HERE
● AUB case, Hala Muhtasib, Chairperson, Enrollment Management Unit, AUB
● UOB case by Dr. Tony Gergess, Dean of students, UOB
● AOU case by Dr. Ahmad Fadlallah, Head of IT department, AOU
● Recommendations of Working Groups
This training seminar is supported by the European Union Tempus Programme, the Lebanese Directorate General of Higher Education and Beirut Arab University.
● IDEAL Workshop at AUB : On October 9-10, the AUB is hosting a workshop on the “Fundamentals of Technology Transfer”, in the framework of the Tempus project IDEAL.. The workshop agenda. Press Release.
● The TLQAA+ group with Tempus-HERE, the Lebanese University and the University of Balamand are organizing a seminar on "Quality Reviewers: The Backbone of a Quality System" at the Lebanese University - Central Administration on June 23, 2014... more
● The Tempus project TLQAA on Quality Assurance marked the end of its activities on 5 December at the University of Balamand. Ambassador Angelina Eichhorst, Head of the EU Delegation to Lebanon and Dr. Ahmad Jammal, DGHE were among the keynote speakers in this event. Read the speech of Ambassador Eichhorst here.
● The National Tempus Office and HERE have organized a seminar on the Students Support Services in Higher Education in collaboration with Beirut Arab University at Debbieh on November 28, 2013... more
● Results of the Tempus 6th call for proposals have been published. For full information please consult the official Tempus site
● Presenting Tempus at a workshop by the Faculty of Arts and Human Sciences of the Lebanese University .... read more
● New Marie Curie Fellowships
Some €227 million, the highest single amount made available through the Marie Curie Actions fund, will be awarded to around 1000 experienced researchers this year. The application process runs until 14 August 2013.
Please note that these fellowships have a ~20% success rate. You can refer to the press release recently published by DG EAC. To apply please visit http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/page/funding
● The thematic workshop on the "Organisation and Profile of Doctoral Studies" has been held on 11-12 March 2013, in the Holy Spirit University of Kaslik. For more information visit the seminar website.
● A study on "Human Resource Management in Public Higher Education in the Tempus Partner Countries" including Lebanon was published by the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency in 2012. This study together with other Tempus studies can be found at: http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/tempus/tools/publications_en.php
● The Tempus National Information Day has been organized on January 17, 2013 at the Ministry of Education & Higher Education Download the presentations
● The 2nd Call for Applications for the Erasmus Mundus project welcome is now open from 11 December 2012 to 8 February 2013...more
● The Ministry of Education & Higher Education is organizing a seminar entitled "Disssemination Conference on Activities in Lebanon" covering the Lebanese National Qualifications Framework, Entrepreneurial Learning, and Torino Process 2012 in partnership with the European Training Foundation on Saturday, November 10, 2012.
● Tempus HERE- Lebanon organised a training session on "Writing Learning Outcomes for Programs and Courses" Friday June, 29 8H30 at Mininistry of Education. More than 50 professors attended this session. More information and useful materials about learning outcomes
● Colloque de lancement du Master ISIS : Neurosciences et Biotechnologies- Tempus / USJ campus des sciences médicales rue de Damas, le jeudi 24 mai de 14h30 à 18h30 ..read more
● LIFELONG LEARNING INFODAY 2012. E-tutorial and videos of presentations available here
● Statistics Published on Applications for the Tempus IV 5th Call for Proposals (Lebanon : 30 applications)
● 2012 Erasmus Mundus Call for Proposals has been closed on April, 30 2012.
● FP7 – a directory of all the projects involving Mediterranean partners
The European Commission has published a comprehensive directory of all the projects involving at least one partner from the Mediterranean Partner Countries supported under the EU's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7).
● Euro-Mediterranean Conference for Research and Innovation
Why is cooperation in research and innovation with the Mediterranean region important to the European Union? This question and others will be answered in a fact sheet released by the European Commission ahead of the Euro-Mediterranean Conference for Research and Innovation to be held in Barcelona next week. read more..
● The European Union is one of the main donors to Lebanon. It allocates about €220 million annually in assistance to Lebanon (€50 million from the European Commission, €50 million from the EU Member States and €120 million in loans from the European Investment Bank). more...
● Bologna Policy Forum, Bucharest 26-27 April 2012. (read more)
● TLQAA roundtable. Within the framework of the project TLQAA (Toward the Lebanese Quality Assurance Agency) funded by Tempus, a roundtable on Lebanese QA System has been organized at UNESCO Palace on March 27th, 2012. A quality assurance model has been discussed …more
Funding source: The website has been funded within the framework of the European Union Tempus programme which is funded by the Directorate General for Development and Co-operation – EuropeAid and the Directorate General for Enlargement.
Disclaimer: This website reflects the views only of the authors, and the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.